The Douro-Dummer Public Library is committed to providing access to resources and opportunities for reading, life-long learning, personal development and enrichment for our community. The Summer Student will seek to carry out the duties of their job with a focus on Programs and Community Outreach throughout the township. It is our hope that the successful summer staff will organize weekly Drop In activities as part of the TD Summer Reading Program, provide basic library customer service during our open hours and travel throughout the township to partner with local events and businesses to promote library services.
This is a summer position with between 15-30 hours/week.
Rate is Minimum wage.
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Excellent computer, internet and related software skills
- Ability to provide hands-on instruction to individuals or groups of all ages.
- Good time management and priority setting skills
- An acceptable Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector screening is required.
Hours will include daytime, evening and weekend work.
Reliable transportation is required.
Please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail by June 15th, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
This program is funded by the Province of Ontario.