2019 Daleview Road Maintenance Public Information Session
The Township of Douro-Dummer invites residents of Daleview Road and interested parties to a Public Information Session regarding the reconstruction and surface treatment of Daleview Road. The reconstruction and surface treatment are tentatively planned for July 2019.
The session will include a presentation regarding the work and schedule, followed immediately by a question period.
When: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 starting at 6:00 p.m.
Where: The Donwood Fire Station, 812 Daleview Road, Donwood, ON
If you have any questions please contact Harold Nelson, Manager of Public Works, directly.
Phone: (705) 652-8392 or (705) 652-8402
E-mail: Harold Nelson
Roads & Public Works
The Public Works Department is responsible for:
- Year-round maintenance and construction of over 270 kilometers of Township roads
- Year-round maintenance and installation of regulatory, warning and 911 signs throughout the municipality
Summer operations include:
- Maintenance of gravel roads (grading, applying dust suppressant and culvert maintenance and installation)
- Maintaining 90 km of hard-top roads (surface treatment, pothole filling and patching)
- Roadside maintenance (grass mowing, brushing and ditching)
Winter operations are mostly snowplowing and sanding in an ongoing effort to keep our six plow routes open and safe. Our routes are set up so that one complete cycle can be done within a five to six hour time period, with priority given to main roads and roads with major hills. Our road system of approximately 270 km doubles to 540 km when snowplowing both directions.
There are strict laws that govern hours of work and hours of driving time, so with limited staff resources, careful planning is required for handling each storm. Depending on the snow storm, higher traffic roads are generally plowed twice.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Manager of Public Works
- Email: Harold Nelson
Warsaw Public Works Building
- 1422 County Road 4
- Phone: (705) 652-8402
After Hours – for Public Works Emergencies only
- (705) 761-0589
- (705) 749-7105
- (705) 652-6066