Are you considering running as a candidate in the 2018 election?
Nomination period commences on May 1, 2018. One major change to the Municipal Elections Act is that anyone wishing to run for office on a Council must submit the signatures of 25 voters supporting the nomination. The individuals providing the signatures will each have to sign a declaration stating that they were eligible to vote in the municipality on the day that they signed the endorsement.
Council for the Township of Douro-Dummer consists of 5 members: Mayor, Deputy-Mayor, Councillor at Large, Councillor for the Douro Ward and Councillor for the Dummer Ward.
Please continue to monitor the Township’s website for additional information for candidates and voters for the 2018 Municipal Election.
Unofficial List of Candidates
2018 Nomination Package for Candidates’
The nomination packages for the 2018 Municipal Election are ready; hard copies are available from the Clerk’s Office.
Douro-Dummer Election Officials look forward to assisting you with the election process. It is recommended that you make an appointment with the Clerk/Election Returning Officer to file your nomination papers to ensure staff is available to assist you as this process may take a half hour or more.
Candidates are welcome to drop by the office at any time, however Election Staff would appreciate an advance phone call or email message to let us know what you require so we can have the information available when you come in. We are also happy to respond to any questions you may have by email so you have the information in writing.
- Contents of Nomination Package and Checklist (pdf – 158 kB)
- Welcome Letter to Candidate (pdf – 193 kB)
- Nomination Checklist (pdf 136 kB)
- Nomination Paper – Form 4 (pdf – 1,1013 kB)
- Intention to Use an Agent for Filing Election Nomination Papers Form (pdf – 84 kB)
- Endorsement of Nomination – Form 2 (pdf – 1,002 kB)
- Candidate Consent to Release Personal Information Form (pdf – 67 kB)
- Financial Institution Letter (pdf – 120 kB)
- Preliminary Estimate of Maximum Campaign Expenses (pdf – 11kB)
- Preliminary Estimate of Maximum Amount of Contributions Own Campaign (pdf – 11kB)
- Declaration of Proper Use of the Voters’ List (pdf – 283 kB)
- Financial Statement – Auditor’s Report (Form 4) (pdf – 1 MB)
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs 2018 Candidates’ Guide for Ontario municipal council and school board elections (pdf – 735 kB)
- AMCTO Candidate’s Guide to Accessible Elections (pdf – 345 kB)
- 2018 Douro-Dummer Information for Candidates – Revised 2018 04 30 (pdf – 524 kB)
- Election Campaign Materials and Facility Rental Policy (Municipal Elections) (pdf – 128 kB)